09 November 2008

Wild Wonders of Europe

There's a big project involving a great bunch of talented wildlife photographers. It is called Wild Wonders of Europe and is about sharing and showing to the rest of citizens the amazing natural wonders that Europe holds. With a continent with over 700 million Europeans, no wonder if someone ask himself if there's place for nature in a such overpopulated area. The answer is "yes".

We are all used to watch TV documentaries showing the natural world of Africa, America or Asia, but Europe also has many natural wonders with a great diversity that's worth taking a look.
Check their web site and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

All of them are great and respected photographers but I'll like
to point out one for whom I feel a deep respect and who I met several years ago and have to say that I'm really pleased to see him involved in such a big project.

Laurie Campbell is the name of this good man and I have to say that he was a great inspiration for me in my early days when I started doing wildlife photography, and he still is.

One of my treasures kept on my bookshelf is "The Wildlife Photographs of Laurie Campbell" along with "Guide to Bird & Nature Photography" also written by him.











I can remember myself going to bed at night and reading those books eagerly front to back and undergoing every sentence and trying to learn as much as possible so I could apply what was read in the field.

This gives me an idea for a next entry blog!. Books on photography that has inspired me or has a special appeal for me.

Anyway, check Laurie Campbell featured in Wild Wonders by clicking here.
But also check for many other great photographers as José Benito Ruiz, Staffan Windstrand, Peter Lilja, Cornelia Dörr, Mark Hamblin..... to name a few.
_________________________________________________

Hay un gran proyecto en marcha en el que están involucrados un buen puñado de fotógrafos de la naturaleza de gran talento. Se llama Wild Wonders of Europe y la misión es compartir y mostrar al resto de ciudadanos las increibles maravillas naturales que Europa alberga. Con un continente habitado por más de 700 millones de europeos no es raro que alguien se pregunte si aún queda naturaleza en una tan sobrepoblada área. La respuesta es "si".

Estamos acostumbrados a ver documentales en televisión mostrando las maravillas naturales de África, America o Asia, pero Europa también cuenta con muchas maravillas naturales y con una gran diversidad que bien vale la pena comprobar.
Comprueba la web y entenderás a que me refiero.

Todos ellos son reconocidos fotógrafos pero me gustaría destacar a uno al que tengo un profundo respeto y al que conocí hace unos años, y tengo que decir que me alegró mucho verle involucrado en un proyecto de tal magnitud.

Laurie Campbell es el nombre de este buen hombre y tengo que decir que fue una gran fuente de inspiración para mí cuando yo empezaba en esto de la fotografía de la naturaleza, y sigue siéndolo.
Uno de mis tesoros que mantengo en mi biblioteca es "The Wildlife Photographs of Laurie Campbell" junto con "Guide to Bird & Nature Photography" también de su misma autoría.
Recuerdo los momentos en los que me iba a la cama y leer una y otra vez de principio a fin estos libros y analizar cada frase tratando de aprender lo máximo posible para poder aplicar posteriormente en el campo lo que había leído.

¡Esto me ha dado una idea para futuras entradas en el blog!. Libros sobre fotografía que me han inspirado o que tienen un significado especial para mí.

En cualquier caso, haz click aquí para saber sobre Laurie Campbell en Wild Wonders.
Pero indaga también sobre otros grandes fotógrafos como José Benito Ruiz, Staffan Windstrand, Peter Lilja, Cornelia Dörr o Mark Hamblin,....

No comments: