02 October 2008

NEW COMMERCIAL WEB / NUEVA WEB COMERCIAL


Some of you might know that I'm a wildlife photographer and that I really enjoy being lost out in the wilderness even if I'm soaked in mud or in a hide for endless hours. As Frans Lanting said once: "A bad day in the field is better than a good day in the office". But essentially I enjoy taking pictures which is my Leif motive.
Along my professional career I've been lucky enough to meet other photographers and as time goes by I have made good friends. Some are wildlife photographers. Others nothing to do with nature or wildlife. But passion in their profession is something we all have in common, and every time I'm with them there's something new to learn. I've learned that there's many other things to photograph apart from animals, plants and landscapes. Also I've had the chance to work for different clients and leave, for a break, the lonely work of being out in the wild and work with a team of people to create specific images for a client, might be commercial or editorial. I found myself with the need of having my own commercial web page and after a long while finally I have it online. And I would not say its finished because it never does. You have to keep it alive and adding new content and eventually thrash old ones. Now I have two webs online. www.mgmeider.com (nature and wildlife) and www.meiderphoto.com (commercial). Now I only need to keep them both alive the same way I would water my plants.
__________________________________________________

Algunos sabréis que soy fotográfo de la naturaleza y que disfruto muchísimo estar perdido en lugares salvajes aunque esté cubierto de barro y agua o metido dentro de un hide durante largas horas. Como dijo Frans Lanting una vez: "un mal día en el campo es mejor que un buen día en la oficina". Pero fundamentalmente disfruto haciendo fotos que es lo importante.
A lo largo de mi carrera profesional he tenido la suerte de conocer a muchos fotógrafos que con el tiempo se han convertido en buenos amigos. Muchos dedicados a la misma especialidad que yo. Otros, nada que ver con la naturaleza o la vida salvaje. Pero si hay algo en común en todos ellos es la misma pasión por su profesión y que siempre que estoy con alguno de ellos aprendo algo nuevo, y he aprendido que también es divertido fotografiar otros temas que no sean únicamente animales, plantas o paisajes.
También he tenido la suerte de poder trabajar para muy diversos clientes y dejar aparcado por un momento la soledad de trabajar en el campo y trabajar con un equipo de personas y crear imágenes específicas para un cliente ya sea para publicidad o editorial. Con el tiempo he visto la necesidad de tener mi propia web específicamente para trabajos comerciales, y tras mucho tiempo desarrollándola por fin la tengo online. Y no diré que está terminada ya que una web no se termina nunca.
Hay que mantenerla viva e ir incluyendo nuevos contenidos y eliminar algunos antigüos.
Ya son dos las webs que tengo en la red www.mgmeider.com (naturaleza y vida salvaje) y www.meiderphoto.com (comercial). Ahora solo me queda mantenerlas vivas como se regaría a una planta.

No comments: